FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $35.
Baby and Beyond: Overcoming Those Post-Childbirth Woes Allison Auth (Paperback)
During the year after giving birth, some mothers struggle to recover from the wearying days, sleepless nights, and assorted other troubles – mental, physical, and spiritual – that childbirth brings.
If you're one such woman, know that you don't stand alone. Author Allison Auth has experienced all these woes and more, growing wise along the way in the art of postpartum life – a healing art she illuminates and shares here with you.
In these lively, plainspoken pages, Auth introduces you to powerful exercise, health, and nutrition practices that can relieve – and often even eliminate – most of the troubles you might suffer during that difficult year after your baby is born. These practices will help you find the energy, balance, and healing – physical and spiritual – that you need to care confidently for your loved ones, your home, and your soul. Auth will even teach you a surefire way to slay, once and for all, the toxic temptation to compare yourself unfavorably with that “perfect mom” next door, whose hair is always tidy, clothes neat, and house clean.
Here, you'll also learn:
- How to deal with unfulfilled expectations when your careful birth plans go awry
- How vitamins, sleep, and exercise can help you sustain your loving relationship with your spouse – and with God!
- How to deal with Natural Family Planning uncertainties during the year after giving birth
- How to overcome self-directed negativity about your post-pregnancy body
- What to do when even small household tasks seem overwhelming
- How to combat discouragement when your postpartum spiritual life grows feeble
- How to open yourself to friendship with other new mothers (and why you must)
- Why sustained self-care is critical to your well-being . . . and your family's
- Three ways to weather the stages of your child's development and the seasons of family life
- And much more!
Whether you're struggling through a “dark night” of genuine postpartum depression or simply enduring a frustrating roller coaster of emotions, Auth's wealth of experience and bright wisdom will help you finally experience what you've been longing for since before your baby's birth: the inexpressible joys of motherhood.
We Also Recommend
Weather: An Illustrated History: From Cloud Atlases to Climate Change (Sterling Illustrated Histories) Andrew Revkin (Hardcover)