FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $35.
Rethinking Mary in the New Testament: What the Bible Tells Us About the Mother of the Messiah Edward Sri (Paperback)
Scholars often have questioned how much the New Testament can tell us about the Mother of Jesus. After all, Mary appears only in a few accounts and speaks on limited occasions. Can Scripture really support the many Marian beliefs developed in the Church over time?
In Rethinking Mary in the New Testament, Dr. Edward Sri shows that the Bible reveals more about Mary than is commonly appreciated. For when the Mother of Jesus does appear in Scripture, it's often in passages of great importance, steeped in the Jewish Scriptures, and packed with theological significance.
This comprehensive work examines every key New Testament reference to Mary, addressing common questions along the way, such as:
- What was Mary's life like before the Annunciation?
- Is there biblical support for Mary's Immaculate Conception and Perpetual Virginity?
- Does Scripture reveal Mary as our spiritual mother?
- What does it mean for Mary to be "full of grace"?
- How is Mary the "New Eve," "Ark of the Covenant," and "Queen Mother"?
- Can Mary be identified with the "woman" in Revelation 12?
Rethinking Mary in the New Testament offers a fresh, in-depth look at the Mother of Jesus in Scripture—one that helps us know Mary better and her role in God's plan.
We Also Recommend
33 Days to Morning Glory: A Do It Yourself Retreat in Preparation for Marian Consecration Michael Gaitley (Paperback)
A Book of Marian Prayers: A Compilation of Marian Devotions from the Second to the Twenty-First Century William G. Storey (Paperback)
A Prayerful Journey With Mary to the Third Millennium and Beyond Rev. Anthony A. Petrusic ( Hardcover )