FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $35.
Virgin, Mother, Queen: Encountering Mary in Time and Tradition Robert L. Fastiggi (Paperback)
The earliest of Mary’s apparitions can be traced back to the first century of the Church and have continued into modern times, inspiring the faithful to devotion to her and to a deeper love of Christ her son.
In Virgin, Mother, Queen, popular radio and television host Michael O’Neill gathers fascinating details from Mary’s mystical appearances around the world. Robert Fastiggi, professor of systemic theology at Sacred Heart Major Seminary, answers questions about the historical and theological development of Marian teachings throughout Church history.
The ten, Church-sanctioned apparitions and their corresponding titles of Mary are:
- Virgin: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexico, 1531)
- Mediatrix of Grace: Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal (Rue du Bac, France, 1830)
- Mother of Sorrows: Our Lady of La Salette (France, 1846)
- Immaculate, All-Holy: Our Lady of Lourdes (France, 1858)
- Advocate: Our Lady of Hope (Pontmain, France, 1871)
- Blessed: The Knock Apparition (Ireland, 1879)
- Mother of the Church: Our Lady of the Rosary (Fatima, Portugal, 1917)
- Queen of Heaven: The Virgin of the Golden Heart/Our Lady of Beuraing (Belgium, 1932)
- Mother of Mercy: Virgin of the Poor/Our Lady of Banneaux (Belgium, 1933)
- Mother of God: Our Lady of Sorrows/Our Lady of Kibeho (Rwanda, 1981)
Virgin, Mother, Queen includes full-color illustrations and recounts in story and teaching why the apparitions and titles of Mary continue to be relevant today. Each chapter contains traditional prayers associated with these historic Marian shrines.
We Also Recommend
33 Years in the Holy Land: What Jesus Saw from Bethlehem to Golgotha Fr. A.G. Sertillanges (Paperback)
A Devotional Journey Into the Mass: How Mass Can Become a Time of Grace, Nourishment, and Devotion Christopher Carstens (Paperback)